Kitchen Design & Kitchen Remodeling
Kitchen remodeling is among the most popular of remodeling projects each year, as kitchens have become the activity center of the home.
Browse the portfolio gallery by choosing from
the menu to the right >>
Many homeowners are looking to update and replace their tired looking cabinetry and worn out appliances that came with the original home.
The desire is for a more beautiful multi-purpose living space that not only functions as a food prep center but also as an entertainment and family center.
Today, the market provides many offerings in design and styling in custom cabinetry, designer energy efficient appliances, low maintenance countertops and flooring and tile materials.
The volume of choices can be over-whelming. Many times the original floor plan can be improved by removing a wall or shifting locations of the appliances, or if the original layout of the kitchen is workable a cosmetic lift may be all it needs.
Your dream kitchen is attainable with a well thought out detailed plan that reflects your life style and unique personality.
Consider these elements when planning your dream kitchen:
A Focal Point
- The hood area is usually the design centerpiece of a kitchen and there are many options to create styling by using combinations of surface materials,. For example; stainless steel, wood paneling, Venetian plaster, or combinations of wood mouldings, finished drywall, tile or natural stone
Specific Activity Areas
- Plan areas for food preparation, cooking, clean-up, baking, food storage, seating, serving, entertaining, communication for phone and cell phone hook-ups, etc.
Cabinetry Door Styles
- Wood species and finishes
- Laminates, granite, tile, quartz or solid surfaces
- Selection of the appliances are essential elements that drive the final layout
Traffic Flow Areas
- Allow at least 42” around islands and 36” for walkways
- Glass inserts for wall or base cabinet doors
- Kitchen table, island stools or bar stool height
Corbels, turnings, valances, onlays, etc. depending on style
- Countertop material or accent with tile moulding or
- Under cabinet lighting, accent, recessed, pendant
- Natural stone, wood, porcelain tile, cork, bamboo, etc.
Hardware for Cabinetry
- The ULTIMATE jewelry for the kitchen
Kitchen remodeling is expensive and formulating a budget is the first step of the process. In my experience, the average cost of a kitchen remodel is between 10-15% of the home value.
The breakdown of remodeling investment costs may include cabinets, countertops, flooring, backsplash materials, appliances, plumbing, electrical, fixtures, hardware, construction and installation.
Studies have shown that the original remodeling investment return would be realized in five years.
Increase the value of your home and enjoy it in the meantime.
Be sure to view some of my past projects which include modern, contemporary, luxury, traditional, & Tuscany interiors.
The Latest Trend: Two-Toned Kitchens
The perimeter and island DO NOT have to match.